NueMD Billing Services is looking to fill multiple positions with experienced self-motivated medical billers, certified coders and follow-up personnel. We are currently hiring for on-site positions in our Marietta, GA office as well as contractor positions where you work from your home office. All positions are full-time.
Responsibilities (are not limited to):
- Maintaining Medical Billing accounts on a day-to-day basis, from beginning to end, including claim submissions and follow up, patient and client interaction, and addressing other issues that may arise
- Assures month-end closing deadlines are met.
- Maintains knowledge and stays abreast of reimbursement requirements for all payers, as well as payer and health care industry trends.
- Keeps the manager informed of any developments within their area of responsibility which may require action or be pertinent to the performance of their duties; provides manager with issues and potential resolutions regarding problems in their respective area of responsibility.
- Serves as liaison between Revenue Cycle department and Operations Manager to assure optimal level of automation and efficiencies are gained for all IT-supported systems.
- Functions as a role model and assists with driving achievement of organizational goals and objectives by encouraging and facilitating improvement initiatives and cooperation among associates.
- Attend virtual meetings with clients to review account details and offer suggestions on improved practices.
- Five years of relevant experience in a healthcare setting required. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proven leadership and ability to lead others through changes.
- Proven organizational skills and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in order to communicate effectively with medical providers, patients, co-workers, insurance companies and others.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Thorough understanding of the revenue cycle including third party payer requirements, as well as working knowledge of governmental, legal, third-party contractual and regulatory provisions related to revenue cycle activity.