NueMD has a job opportunity within our Electronic Data Interchange department as an EDI Support Representative, based at our headquarters in Marietta, GA only. It is managed by the Support Department, and will work closely with the EDI department, which coordinates with EDI Payer Relations, EDI Operations and Support for related client support activities, and initiatives for improved efficacy and management of EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) services.
- Evaluate customers EDI service needs and facilitate the enrollment processes.
- Provide Nuesoft customers accurate and efficient services during delivery of EDI enrollment requirements.
- Verify and manage all Nuesoft customers’ EDI service interests and operational needs (routine, diverse and moderate complexity)
- Facilitate EDI enrollment processes through instructional guidance (routine and diverse).
- Interact with payers for enrollment related matters (routine)
- Perform EDI setups [connectivity of NueMD and EDI databases, enabling EDI submission (routine and complex).
- Timely documents performed measures in NuesoftCRM (routine)
- Address NuesoftCRM tickets for related issues (routine, diverse)
- Assist EDI Operations with ongoing initiatives [i.e. payer transitions, conversions, migrations] (routine, ranging, moderate complexity)
- Support internal [Nuesoft staff] enrollment concerns (routine, diverse)
- Verifies enrollment requirements; payer association; verifies provider EDI setup
- Determines the receiver of an unparsed ERA file
Qualification and Other Requirements:
- Healthcare industry knowledge and experience
- Healthcare information/EDI familiarity (terminology)
- Basic computer literacy (Microsoft Suite, Excel, Word)
- EDI experience related to healthcare industry
- Experience with coordination, credentialing or registration with insurance companies (payers)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) experience is a plus
- Healthcare practice management solution/software experience is ideal
- Experience (familiarity) for EDI enrollment registration processes (e.g. app completion, online registration,)
- Good oral and written communication skills (i.e. professional phone ettiquettes, conveying instructional guidance)Strong written and verbal communication skills along with exceptional customer service skills, specially over the phoneTechnical Knowledge and Skills:
- Essential understanding for EDI technical terminology, writing and its correlation with EDI enrollment [i.e. submitter-ID, ASC X12 transactions, HIPAA, connectivity methods, DDE, testing and production environments, etc]
- Performs EDI setup configuration which provides an interface between NueMD (software application) and EDI databases, enabling client to send claims to respective payers, and reports to be parsed accurately.