Us: In-house Marketing department at a medical SaaS company. We're a close-knit team who is looking for someone to grow with us. We love creative people who take pride in their work, and care about the people they work with.
You: A Front-End Web Designer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Your primary responsibilities will be UI/UX design (be prepared for occasional coding tasks). You'll be in charge of wireframing and skinning the website, landing pages, emails, content pieces, and the occasional physical document (direct mail, branded swag, etc.) You'll be working collaboratively with our Sr. Web Developer, who is basically a wizard, but you should be comfortable using front-end markup to create beautiful web experiences, as well as, have a basic knowledge of server side languages.
- Design functional and appealing web applications based on usabilty
- Design landing pages/ emails/ and web content that exemplifies our brand and gets those conversions!
- Write functional requirement documents and specifications
- Create quality mockups and prototypes on a tight timeline
- Assist Sr. Web Developer with project management
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product's interface
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Promote usability best practices
WHAT WE EXPECT
- Knowledge of design systems and interaction principles
- Solid front-end development skills
- Some experience using scripting languages to publish dynamic content
- Experience with the following is definitely a plus:
- NPM (NodeJS)
- Experience with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL) is a big plus
- Sensitivity to typography and composition
- Knowledge of user experience principles and information architecture is key
- Ability to both give and take direction
WHAT YOU NEED TO LAND AN INTERVIEW:
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Computer Science, a related field -or- equivalent experience (like a portfolio and the skills we need)
- 3+ years of real world experience (for the right candidate, we can be flexible)
- Online portfolio of work demonstrating technical and design capabilities (no portfolio = no interview)