The Senior IT Manager reports to the CEO and CTO. Responsible for the planning, organizing, and execution of IT functions as required. This includes directing IT operations to meet the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide managerial and technical leadership to the IT team to generate maintainable, quality solutions and processes.
- Proactively help identify functional and technical issues and develop strategies to make improvements.
- Work with CTO, other Associate director of IT, and the IT team to develop and determine IT project and work prioritization process.
- Clearly define and communicate IT job roles and expectations, responsibilities, processes and outcomes for IT projects and work to be completed. This includes developing, appraising job results, coaching, and providing performance reviews.
- Manage and coordinate IT team and projects to implement new technologies, processes, and procedures that support Nuesoft Technologies short and long term goals and growth.
- Allocate appropriate resources to ensure that priorities are completed within time commitment and budget.
- Communicate regularly IT project and work statuses to executive management.
- Negotiate and maintain maintenance and licensing agreements, and equipment and software purchases.
- Preserves assets by developing and maintaining a Business Continuity plan and information security and control structures.
- Create and maintain systems documentation.
- Maintain quality IT services by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Recommend information technology strategies by evaluating organization operations and business trends.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional groups.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements, scheduling expenditures, and analyzing variances.
- Manage outside vendors assisting with IT projects.
- A thorough understanding of private and commercial cloud technologies, experience with Openstack implementation and management is preferred
- A deep understanding of database systems including clustering and replication services, Micorosoft SQL Enterprise and Postgres SQL familiarity is a plus
- Linux proficiency
- A solid understanding of software development and the ability to fully manage all aspects of the release cycle during staging, pre-release and release phase
- Team Leadership Skills
- Strategic Planning
- Decision Making Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or Engineering or related field. Master’s degree a plus.
- 5-7 years management experience of a project team, technical team, or engineering team.